Can you help design a new family support service in East Sussex and strengthen the voice of parent carers and SEND* families in the process?
(*SEND is Special Educational Needs & Disabilities)
East Sussex Parent Carer Forum (ESPCF) is seeking an Engagement Worker to play a key role in helping design and develop a new and much needed service for families with children and young people (CYP) on the Neuro-Developmental Pathway. We can’t describe the service in detail yet – this role is after all about involving parent carers in shaping what’s going to be provided – but it will include navigation, workshops/training/resources, and peer support.
To lead this project, it is essential that you have lived experience of neurodivergence – yourself and/or as a parent/carer of a child, young person or adult, with special educational needs and disabilities. Beyond that, please be reassured that we will support applicants in understanding the work of parent carer forums and fulfilling the job requirements – do not let the list in the person specification put you off.
- £13.98 hour (£25,445 p.a. pro-rata) equivalent to NJC Spinal Point 21-22
- Highly flexible hours, between 7-21 hours/week, agreed in negotiation
- Fixed-term until March 2023 in the first instance, with the possibility of extension
- Location flexible, option to work from home or from Amaze’s Eastbourne office
We are advertising this position flexibly, to suit parent carers’ commitments and responsibilities. Please let us know how many hours you are able to work on your application form or speak to us to discuss this before applying if you wish.
ESPCF is supported by Amaze (the local charity providing information, advice and support to SEND families). This includes HR support, and Amaze is therefore the employer for this role.
ESPCF and Amaze are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe having a diverse workforce at all levels allows us to represent the communities we serve. We would particularly welcome disabled applicants and applicants from Black, Asian and minoritised ethnic communities.
- The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 13th June
- Interviews will be held online on Monday 20th June
- Application packs can be downloaded from this page (see below) or from the news item on https://amazesussex.org.uk/news
For an informal discussion about the role please contact: