Ofsted project update
Working together to shape services for the East Sussex SEND community
East Sussex Parent Carer Forum is working with East Sussex County Council on a project developing a Self-Evaluation Framework (SEF) for the next Joint Local Area SEND OFSTED inspection. The forum will work in coproduction with the local authority, health, and social care senior managers to complete the framework to help shape how services plan to meet five jointly agreed outcomes for the SEND community in East Sussex:
- My voice is heard and acted upon
- I feel confident and secure
- I belong and feel valued for who I am
- My optimum health and well-being are supported
- I am supported to develop and achieve my goals
Parent carer involvement
Each theme will be coordinated by leads from education, health, or social care, with parent representatives as key participants, supporting the process of measuring progress towards outcomes coproduced with ESPCF.
Supporting children and young people
This is a significant project as the Self-Evaluation Framework will capture how education, health, and social care support children and young people with SEND. A few examples are:
- Children and young people can see how their voice has made a difference to their provision
- Children and young people and their Families experience a timely response to identifying, assessing and meeting their child or young person’s physical and mental health needs
- Children and young people with SEND experience appropriate sanctions in school or provision
- Children and young people with SEND have a wide range of employment, education or training opportunities.
Holly Riley-Saxby, Chair of ESPCF, said:
We welcome this opportunity. It is of course vital to have forum reps involved in this important piece of work, so they can share experiences from the front line and ensure every effort is made to enable services to be shaped in a way that positively impacts upon the lives of our children and young people. We'd love to hear from you if you'd like to get involved.